Monday, October 1, 2012

Out & Cropped


Well, an important part of the breakup rehab is the detox!

Picture me on an early Saturday morning fishing out everything that reminded me of him or the relationship and throwing it out; of course this includes editing pictures and social media platforms. From vacation mementos to movie stubs, it went all to the trash! Some people find this practice to be immature but I don’t care. This has no use for me anymore and therefore is out! Unfortunately they’ll remain on my memory so I don’t need further reminder of good and bad moments. After clearing my closet I spent a good couple of hours cropping the hell out my pictures, losing some great shots because of this. Note to self: Make sure you take a second picture by yourself just in case! It will definitely save me a lot of time and pictures.

Another part of this detox is sadly eliminating his friends from your social life. With Facebook and other social media platforms making this harder, I had to be unsocial in a social era. It was painful due to some great people that I met through him but I couldn’t risk seeing him tagged in pictures or posts, I really didn’t want to have any knowledge of his life. So… goodbye 100 or so acquaintances. The ones that I really liked got a message from me explaining my decision and they understood. Hopefully someday I’ll connect with them again but I doubt it. I’ve really mastered this detox process; some friends couldn’t even tell that I had a boyfriend for 3 years.

Every now and then I find things that I missed before and feel no guilt in throwing them out. It’s all about moving on and starting fresh.

Out you Go!

2 comments: