Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Open for Business?


(Read while listening to Ella No Quiere Novio by Tego Calderon)

I guess it’s inevitable that people want to know what’s up with your love life. I get aggravated at the expectation of my life to be at a certain stage (i.e. engaged, married, kids etc.)

I don’t respond well to this!

At some point I thought I wanted all of those things but I realized there’s really nobody worth it. With that in mind I can’t help when my answer doesn’t satisfy the inquirer’s thought process, making me a little anxious. Are you dating anybody? How are you holding up? Have you tried online dating? Will you try online dating? My answer to all is… Not Interested!

Sure, I’ve met people and gone out on what I didn’t know were dates but I’m focused on something else, something greater than that... Me! I invested too much in a failed relationship; it was time to redirect that attention and effort to me.

I’ve started relationships not too long after ending the previous one; only to find out that by doing that you’re dragging unresolved issues to the new relationship. Not to mention the overcompensating that will go on. I’m done with all of that.




I encourage everybody that’s going through the same thing to take your time; explore, learn something new every day, meet people, laugh, cry, travel, read, write, get tattoos and enjoy the best company possible…Yourself!!! The rest is just sugar in your coffee!



No comments:

Post a Comment