Thursday, October 11, 2012

Home Bound Pt.1


(Read while listening to Preciosa by Marc Anthony)

The people that really know me can vouch for me being terrified of flying! For three years I had somebody to torture during flights, asking to talk about anything, holding hands etc. Not fun at all. There was this one time that we didn’t sit together and I grabbed the guy next to me through the entire turbulence and landing, good times!

I bought my ticket to see my family and friends and at least gave myself a month to prep for it. The excitement was too much that all that anxiety took the back seat. I couldn’t wait to hug and play with my niece and nephew, their gorgeous faces on mind! I packed three days in advance and was scheduling time with friends; my agenda gets crazy like that! The day was finally here, I called my family as I always do to let them know I was ready to take off. A prayer and ready! The takeoff was smooth as it was the entire flight, enough for me to sleep a little bit and take lots of pictures of the clouds. I landed and as the Puerto Rican that I am, I clapped with the rest of the passengers; I even made the tourists next to me clap.

The week promised to be a great one, greeted at the airport by a good friend; followed by traditional food by the beach with a couple of Medallas (PR beer) and spending the rest of the afternoon with my family. At night I began spending time with friends, dressing excitedly and feeling like I never left home. I loved seeing everybody; a glimpse of a fabulous time ahead.

The next couple of days I visited Cueva Ventana and Cueva del Indio, where my friends and I got to see Karma’s work of art front row! Visiting local spots and spending time with all my beautiful people was just what the doctor ordered! I would need to recap this whole trip in 4 posts so I’ll keep it brief.

I recharged my body and soul with this visit, I was able to connect with myself and remember where I’m headed. Shit will happen along the way but my trajectory is clear! 

No comments:

Post a Comment