Wednesday, October 17, 2012

California Love Pt.1


(Read while listening to Cumbia Natural by Mucho Axe)

This trip was one of the most impulsive and fortunate decisions of my life.

I was on the phone with a friend I hadn’t seen since I left PR almost three years ago. We were on a walk down memory lane, reliving crazy moments when we lived in Old San Juan. I had to go online and buy a ticket to visit her in San Francisco, Labor Day weekend being the best time to do so.  On past years I’d go to New Jersey for Labor Day weekend but with my open availability I jumped on the opportunity.

Adriana bikes around the city and me having recently purchased my bitching Fixed Gear Bianchi Pista, I decided to bring it with me and pimp it out on the West Coast. My attire for arrival: shorts, Jesus Christ sandals, tank top and zip up. I was ready to do Cali!! To my surprise it was stinking cold. Cut to me freezing outside while I waited for my peoples; not my best performance! I came with the idea of sun, surf, bathing suit and cold beer and ended up with layers, leggings and socks!!

None of that mattered. Seeing Adriana and meeting her friends was an absolute delight; I laughed so hard and enjoyed myself thoroughly. Exploring the city on my bike was fun/mistake! Advice: Don’t ride a fixie in San Fran!! Those hills will kill you.

Here’s a rundown of my trip:

Day 1
·         Asian for dinner
·         Meeting people
·         Nob Hill
·         Cable Car
·         Ghiraldelli Factory
·         City Car
·         Champagne
·         Getting Wasted!

Day 2
·         Brunch
·         Castro
·         Haight
·         New Tattoo!
·         Biking Golden Gate Park
·         Quesadillas "Mexico 10 Ptos" J
·         Bob’s Donuts
·         People, wine, good times

Day 3
·         Brunch
·         Marina
·         Golden Gate Bridge
·         Full House’ houses
·         Mission Bicycle
·         Dolores Park
·         First Mission Burrito
·         Chinatown
·         “Hyspter” Hang Out

Day 4
·         Brunch
·         Chinatown
·         Airport L


No comments:

Post a Comment