Monday, October 15, 2012

Go Pats!


(Read while picturing me screaming at the game!)

There will be a lot of “firsts” for me this year but the best one so far has been my first Pats game!

Before moving to Boston, I didn’t follow any sport at all. One of the things that makes me a proud “Bostonian” is the New England Patriots. I still remember when I was learning the rules and plays of the game; I bet it was annoying having me asking a million questions after every play and referee call. This being my second season following them, I can say I’m pretty familiar with the game.

One day at work (office job), we got an email offering tickets for a Pats’ preseason game. When I was able to respond, the tickets were already spoken for. I found out who took them and traded them for Red Sox vs. Yankees tickets that I had, I don’t care for baseball at all.

The day came and I was beyond excited! I’ve never been to that area, so my task for the day consisted on finding directions, putting them on my phone and figure out how to get there. I was going solo to the game! I rented a car and made my way to the Gillete Stadium. I hadn’t driven a car in almost a year, I felt nervous and a little dizzy driving there. Music blasting and jersey on, I made my way to Foxborough!

So, I got there. The place was packed; families, friends and couples took over the parking lot to hang out. There was music, food and games everywhere, I felt like a little kid in awe with my surroundings. I started taking pictures of everything! I got a little worried when my phone died and I was there by myself but I was determined to have a great time. I met this guy while having dinner and we hung out until the game started, we said our farewells and headed to our sections (mine being the best of both!) I saw the players stretching and just hanging out before the game, it felt surreal. The game started and so did my screams!!

What an experience.  

When the game ended I watch the players going back to their lockers and I made my way back to Boston. Surprisingly I remembered the way back, so not being able to use my phone as GPS didn’t mean much.

 On way home I was recapping the evening, feeling proud of myself for going solo and having a fabulous time.


2 comments:

  1. HOW FUN!! I don't think I could go alone but I'd love to go with you ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was definitely an experience, I would do it again!!! We have to make plans and go to a game together! Go Pats!

    ReplyDelete