Thursday, April 18, 2013

Leslie & the City


(Read while listening to New York, New York by Frank Sinatra)

So… I’m in NY! As much as I love to travel, getting on a plane gets the best of me. I’m a nervous wreck, this time after a two-hour delay I slept the entire flight. My brother and his wife picked me up and we made our way to Staten Island.

The day was beautiful. I left all my stuff in my room and we headed to the city. Temperature in the 70’s, sun shining… we walked that city like we were getting paid! It was the perfect way to start a new life. As I was enjoying my day, I couldn’t help to have those moments were your mind wonders and makes you revisit current events. I’m sad, disappointed, frustrated, nervous…yet hopeful, relieved, in peace. Be a part of this wonderful journey. Let the unpacking begin!

"Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." -Martin Luther King, Jr.






No comments:

Post a Comment